Teeth Whitening An Overview
Everybody wants to look in the mirror and love the smile looking back at them. Often that begins with a beautiful bright white smile. We offer in office and at home whitening solutions.
Benefits Of Professional Teeth Whitening
· The Safest Option
- Dr. Welinsky can advise you if the discoloration of your teeth results from an underlying factor that will not respond to whitening treatment. This will save you from continuing to try for impossible results and harming your teeth, excessive whitening can cause dental damage.
· Long-Lasting Results
- Unlike store-bought whitening treatments, a professional whitening treatment from Dr. Welinsky typically provides results that last a long time. Dr. Welinsky can also provide you with a take-home maintenance kit. This kit may include custom-fit trays and whitening gel to use at home, especially if you would like to see your teeth another shade or two brighter.
· Designed Specifically For You
- Most whitening treatments, especially trays and strips, are sold as one-size-fits-all. In reality, these rarely fit the majority of users, because each person’s smile comes in a different size and shape. Incorrect fitting trays and strips are the biggest reason patients experience uneven whitening and sensitivity in the teeth and gums.
- For the in-office whitening treatment, Dr. Welinsky applies the gel onto each tooth, providing even coverage of all teeth. These custom trays provide uniform application of the whitening treatment and protect the lips and gums from making contact with the gel.
· Professional Strength
- The whitening products sold in stores contain a small amount of whitening agent, usually around 3 percent peroxide, which may provide results for patients who have light stains on their teeth, but may not do much for those with severe or intrinsic stains. Most over-the-counter products will provide results one to two shades brighter.
- The whitening gel Dr. Welinsky use comes in a professional strength only available to dentists, with up to 35 percent peroxide strength. The gel can penetrate the enamel of your teeth, removing stubborn stains the store-bought kits cannot touch. Our professional treatment can whiten your teeth by up to ten shades in just one visit.
Schedule A Consultation
The first step towards a healthy, beautiful new smile is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Welinksy. Contact our family-friendly dentistry office if you interested in learning more about professional teeth whitening. Contact us at 410-321-8480 or use our online appointment request form and we will contact you shortly. Dr. Welinksy’s Baltimore, MD area dentist office is convenient for patients in Towson, West Towson, Parkville and many suburbs in Baltimore, MD.