Dentures & Partials An Overview
Dr. Welinsky is an experienced restorative dentist in Towson, MD, and offers personalized treatment plans for the placement of all types of dentures. He emphasizes the many benefits of replacing missing teeth to restore your dental health, support overall health, and for the enjoyment of the best possible quality of life.
Patients today enjoy a wide range of treatment possibilities when replacing a missing tooth, or teeth, and Dr. Welinsky will discuss all appropriate options after a thorough dental exam and discussion of your personal concerns, goals, and budget.
Dr. Welinsky can create a custom cosmetic denture that will blend with your natural appearance and fit comfortably to enable normal speech and a healthy diet while restoring your smile with a lasting result.
Types of Dentures
There are two main types of dentures, although the majority of today’s patients will benefit from the use of dental implants to secure their new dentures.
- Partial dentures: similar to a dental bridge, a partial denture is made to replace several consecutive missing teeth. Dr. Welinsky offers both removable and fixed partials and will recommend the most suitable option after an exam and consultation.
- Full dentures: a full denture is made to replace a full arch of teeth, either top or bottom. Full dentures can also be either removable or fixed, depending on your unique needs.
Dental implants can be placed to permanently secure a partial or a full denture. When implants are placed, the process of placing a denture will require the added step of implanting the post(s) and a healing period of several months in most cases.
Dr. Welinsky offers the option of an “immediate load” denture using a process known as All-On-Four. Coordinating with a local oral surgeon, extractions as needed, placement of the implants and the attachment of a temporary denture are completed in one day.
Why Replace Missing Teeth?
A missing tooth, yes, a single tooth can lead to a wide range of complex dental problems down the road which will sooner or later, affect your quality of life. The look and function of your smile depend upon each tooth and the supporting base such as the gums and the jaw bone. When a tooth is lost, even just one, the bone structure of the jaw can change over time as tissue shrinks inward, lending a more aged appearance.
Over time, the remaining teeth will begin to shift and change the fit and function of the bite. A missing tooth can increase the risk of developing periodontal disease and tooth decay. These issues lead to poor oral health and can also impact your overall physical health and well being. A healthy smile plays an important role in supporting long-term good health.
BENEFITS OF REPLACING MISSING TEETH
- Maintain Your Natural Facial Structure
- Over time, missing teeth might start to change the shape of your lower face.
- Restore The Aesthetics Of Your Smile
- Even one missing tooth could have a negative impact on the aesthetics of your smile. If you are embarrassed about your smile, it might be time to think about replacement options.
- Support Surrounding Teeth
- When you lose teeth, the surrounding teeth could start to suffer. Huge pockets in your gums create a lot of space in which plaque and bacteria could develop. If you do not get replacement teeth, this leaves your surrounding teeth and gums susceptible to decay and periodontal disease.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Are you missing teeth and interested in learning more about replacement options? If yes, then a consultation with Dr. Welinsky is highly recommended. We welcome new patients to join our family practice. Contact us at [new_patiemt_phone_span] or use our online appointment request form and we will contact you shortly. Our dentist office is convenient for patients in Towson, West Towson, Parkville and many suburbs in Baltimore, MD.