The Alternative to Dentures: Full Mouth Dental Implants
Did you know there is a permanent solution for replacing a full mouth of missing teeth? If you are researching full mouth dental implants, it is likely that you want something better than traditional dentures. As overwhelming as it is to have to choose how to deal with total tooth loss, Sweet Tooth Dentistry is here to help you make the process a little easier. Dr. Kevin Welinsky offers full mouth dental implants in Towson, MD for patients suffering from tooth loss due to decay or damage.
What are Full Mouth Dental Implants?
Dental implants offer patients the best solution to replace missing teeth. However, if you are missing all of your teeth, replacing each tooth with a single dental implant can be expensive. Instead, the alternative is to replace your teeth with full mouth dental implants.
This is an advanced dental procedure that can replace an entire set of teeth on the upper or lower jaw. It offers a permanent solution for extensive tooth loss without the need to replace each individual tooth with one dental implant. Full mouth dental implants will require anywhere from 2 to 8 dental implants per jaw. Then we will create a custom fixed or removable denture that will attach to the implant fixtures.
How many dental implants do I need for Implant-Supported Dentures?
Your dentist will typically recommend about 4 to 8 dental implants for the upper jaw. The bone here is known to be softer therefore more implant fixtures will help secure the prosthesis better. Your dentist can use as little as two implant fixtures for the lower jaw because the bone is much denser there. We will use between 2 and 8 implants depending on the condition of your bone.
Why Full Mouth Dental Implants Cost So Much
Affording full mouth dental implants can be overwhelming. However, it is important to understand why the cost is so high. The following are several reasons why the cost of full-mouth dental implants can be relatively high:
- It requires surgical procedures
- Only high-end, quality material can be used
- We will need to create a custom dental restoration
- Several preparatory procedures may be needed like a bone graft
Caring for Full Mouth Dental Implants
Once you invest in implant dentures, you will need to take good care of them. Proper care is essential to their success and longevity. Here are some essential care tips:
- Never Skip a Dentist Appointment: If there is ever an issue, your dentist can treat it right away to ensure the best outcome. This will also ensure that you have optimal oral health.
- Maintain a Strict At-Home Oral Hygiene Routine: Routinely and consistently taking care of your oral health will ensure your full mouth dental implants last a lifetime.
- Avoid Damaging Habits: You will need to avoid habits that will put stress on the implants and dentures. This includes chewing on hard objects, using tobacco products, clenching teeth, and grinding your teeth.
- Consume a Healthy Diet: Good overall health will help keep your dental implants in good health too. You also should limit sugar and acidic foods and drinks that can contribute to dental issues.
Contact Us To Learn More About Full Mouth Dental Implants in Towson, MD
To book your consultation for full mouth dental implants in Towson, MD, call our office at 410-449-7656 or request an appointment online.